Re: Python and Oracle

From: <aaron_at_infinity.com>
Date: 1998/02/10

Hi --

We ran into the same error as you did (unable to allocate memory on user side) when trying to use the python oracledb module with an oracle8 server.

We tried re-building the python oracledb module against the new set of oracle8 libraries and header files, and we then re-ran our test case.

Unfortunately, *this* time around, we weren't even able to import the oracledb module! We got a symbol relocation error -- the Oracle8 sharedLib libclntsh.so.1.0 was looking for the symbol "slpmprodstab". We couldn't seem to find this symbol anywhere!

2 questions: have you made any progress since December using Oracle8 with Python. In particular, have you solved the "memory allocation" error you were seeing? And have you run into the run-time linking error that we're seeing? We would appreciate greatly any insight you have on this!

Thanks!

Aaron Hallmark