Re: REPORTS25_PATH

From: Jonathan Trifts <Jonathan.Trifts_at_CGI.CA.NOSPAM>
Date: 1998/02/09

You don't have to redo this everytime...well you do ...but not manually.
Once you have the first machine setup the way you want it, just export the Oracle Registry file to a floppy disk. As long as you have installed Oracle on each machine the same way (and assuming your custom built Oracle (e.g. forms) type application is installed on each system the same way...all you have to do is insert the floppy and double click on the *.reg file (i.e. the one you "exported" to floppy). This will update the registry itself with all the relevant parameters/paths etc.

I always use this as I have become bored and tired with retyping the same thing over and over.

Also, there it is much easier to maintain a system if reports, forms, menus, and libraries are in separate folders. I have found it tends to speed things up as well.

Jonathan Received on Mon Feb 09 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message