Re: REPORTS25_PATH

From: Alan Campbell <alan_at_mullen.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1998/02/08

We had some contractors (from Oracle UK) in last year to help us develope a system using Oracle (our first).

They changed the FORMS45 and REPORTS25 paths to include the directorys that the forms and reports were held in (C:\ORANT\FORMS45\{our directory}, C:\ORANT\REPORT25\{out directory} etc).

This meant that when we had to install the system on any other PC we had to create these directorys and changed the registry each time. It occured to me (after the contractors had gone), why not just place every thing in 1 directory (C:{out directory}. That way we dont have to change any registry details and it also keeps out stuff seperate from Oracles installed stuff (it has been known for the setup to get screwed up when upgrading, requiring a clean re-install).

This has worked well for us because we were runnig 16bit and 32bit applications concurently at one time (not on the same machine :-)) and one of the reports required the location of a file to be passed as parameter. This meant checking if you were running under MSWINDOWS or MSWINDOWS32 then using the appropriate install path (C:\ORAWIN for MSWINDOWS and C:\ORANT for MSWINDOWS32). This has all been done away with because everything is in the same place.

Joe Strano <jstrano_at_dulcian.com> wrote:

>The syntax is simply DIRECTORY;DIRECTORY and so on.
>
>Oracle reads this list from left to right to find the file you are
>trying to access. There is a maximum character limit of 256, which
>Oracle takes up most of with it's demo directories. If you run into
>problems, remove any directories with DEMO in them.
>
>Joe Strano
>Dulcian, Inc.
>
>Orlando Reyes wrote:
>
>> Hey,
>>
>> Does anybody knows how to use the environmental variable
>> REPORTS25_PATH.?
>>
>> What the sybtax is, etc, etc?
>>
>> Please Help me out.
>>
>> I will really appreciate it.