Re: Migrate Forms 2.3 to 4.5

From: <Cees>
Date: 1998/02/05

On Fri, 30 Jan 1998 18:46:43 -0500, Michael Hsueh <MHsueh_at_Ottawa.com> wrote:

>Use the Oracle Forms generator and set the "upgrade" option on. Note that
>the converted triggers are V2.3 type.
>
>Mike
>
>sriniwass_at_ohm.com wrote:
>
>> Hi. I have been charged with converting some forms that were created in
>> Forms 2.3 to Forms 4.5. I am not aware of any direct migtation path for
>> this. I would appreciate any suggestions as to how to prepare for and
>> proceed in this conversion. I suppose I will need to create the forms in
>> 4.5 from scratch? How about the coding, can I use anyuthing from 2.3? I
>> am new to this and any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
>>
>> -Sri

>> http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Post to Usenet

The coming Designer 2.0 version uses a repository that is able to store triggers from reversed engineered(that is store the .fmb in your database and read it into the repository) forms. From there on you should be able to generate forms 4.5 forms and have good control over your old forms 2.3 code. Received on Thu Feb 05 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message