Re: Training for Oracle DBA

From: Malcolm Blackhall <blackhal_at_midtown.net>
Date: 1998/01/27

Well, if what you are going after is certification, the easiest way is to take the four instructor led courses corresponding to the four exams, or at least get your hands on the course materials to study. The exams are tied to the course materials, so you need the course materials to prepare properly for the exams if you don't otherwise have the appropriate experience and knowledge. The hardest one to prepare for without the course materials will probably be Performance Tuning Workshop because no other single source covers all the topics.

Now if we are talking about really learning the product, I would suggest the instructor lead courses and a job where you can apply what you were taught on in the classroom and have access to, and help from, someone with in-depth experience.

What you get out of instructor led training will depend somewhat on the instructor. Received on Tue Jan 27 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message