Re: Problem with Des2K and Repositoy install

From: Brendan Newman <brnewma_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1998/01/25

It could be 1 of 3 things:

  • either the packages were incorrectly installed (i.e. wrong user, insufficient user rights, insufficient grants, etc.); or
  • your Oracle version of those packages is corrupted; or
  • your core Oracle server software is corrupted

I highly doubt it's the second or third options. There is excellent step-by-step on-line documentation on the Designer/2000 CD (Chapter 2, I believe), in which you absolutely must do what they say (they mark certain steps as optional). I have personally installed Designer/2000 countless times and I must say the documentation - though hefty (about 40 pages) - never let me down.

Hope it helps.