Oracle database extracting. Help

From: Benson Zhang <bczhang_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1998/01/22

Hi,

I have a master oracle 8 database about 14 GB. I need to setup a reporting server which needs to get about 90% of the tables from the master to this reporting. What i am planning to do is:

exp out from the master of those 14 gb total tables imp into the reporting server
setup up snapshot to sync them up after the imp.

My questions are:
how fast is the exp process for this 14gb data on hardware HP LX PRO 2 gb RAM? How many hours to exp out the data? how fast is the snapshot sync up process for this 14gb data on hardware two HP LX PRO 2 gb RAM?

Or. Do you have any good suggestions?

Thanks

Benson Received on Thu Jan 22 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message