Memory Problems with PL/SQL Packages

From: Christian Greissing <manitu_at_tick.cslab.tuwien.ac.at>
Date: 1998/01/20

Hello

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have same major problems with a self written PL/SQL Package this packages has about 3000 lines of code, doing just some computation and selections from different tables, some updates and inserts. The package contains about 150 functions or procedures.

[Quoted] So after some time of use of this package i get the failure that no more shared memory is available (sorry haven't the right Error # by hand).
So my thought is that, this package alloces memory everytime a function of it is called, but after finishing it doesn't release the memory.

The workaround I have at the moment is, just dropping and creating the package again, that works, but isn't good, cause the user, can't do that.

Has anyone the same problem? and is there any solution for it ?

Thanx
Christian Greissing.

--
     ___
    /  ___    Christian Greissing          manitu_at_cslab.tuwien.ac.at