Re: Des/2000 & Dev/2000 Machine requirements.

From: Derek Licciardi <kressilac_at_unidial.com>
Date: 1998/01/18

Developer2k : P133+ 32MB+ RAM and WindowsNT4.0 Designer2k: P133+ 48MB+ RAM and WindowsNT4.0

RAM of about 64MB is probably optimal though if you run the generators from Designer2k in tandem you might find that that is not enough. The WSG and the FormsG eat up RAM. The biggest issue is RAM. Processor speed can be relatively small. I suggest doing a network install for more that 3 developers because it saves hard drive space and provides a central way of managing the user development environment.

Obviously the bigger the better. If performance is bogging you down in Designer2k it is most likely the database. Talk to you DBA about increasing the performance of the repository.(Pin packages into the SGA, seperate the disk and controller card that the index and data tablespace reside on for the repository.

Email me if you have more questions.

Derek Licciardi
dlicciardi_at_tcipro.com