Re: Oracle very slow.

From: (wrong string) ørgensen <kjorg_at_msn*DOT*com>
Date: 1998/01/17

Out of your posting, I can't tell why your database uses all of the CPU. More details would be needed here; e.g. is it one of the Oracle background processes, a user background process, a front-end process or what?

For your procedures, it sounds like your are in a long "polling" loop. You may consider using *signals* instead (via DBMS_ALERT). Why do you need to have it as a C program anyway ?

Hope this helps

--
Karl
Oracle Certified DBA