Sorting of a table on create

From: Jeff <jsouthworth_at_dsitopdog.com>
Date: 1998/01/07

[Quoted] I am creating a table using the following syntax:

create table customer
 (

  ref_nbr                          char(13)  not null,
  address_type                char(2)   not null,
  first_nm                        char(15)      null,
  last_nm                        char(25)      null,
  street_addr1                  char(30)      null,
  street_addr2                  char(30)      null,
  city_nm                        char(20)      null,
  state_cd                       char(2)       null,
  zip_cd                          char(5)       null,
  social_sec_nbr              char(9)       null,
  phone_nbr                     char(10)      null,
  buss_phone_nbr            char(10)      null,
  emp_nm                       char(30)      null,
  constraint pk_refnbr primary key (ref_nbr)  )

The sytax is correct, but the data is not sorted on the "ref_nbr" column. [Quoted] [Quoted] Is there something I am doing wrong? What I am trying to do is create the table with a primary key (ref_nbr) sorted on the primary key.

Thanks,
Jeff Received on Wed Jan 07 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message