Oratcl and Oratclx on SunOS

From: Hisao Nakanishi <hisao_at_physics.purdue.edu>
Date: 1998/01/05

I am trying to install oratcl (or oratclx) on SunOS. This is to access an Oracle database elsewhere over the network. The installation readme says we need to link in "OCI libraries". What are they and where can we get it? Is that part of Oracle itself, or a free runtime library that is available somewhere over the net? Our institution does have a site license for Oracle for business uses and I suppose we could get whatever "OCI" is if necessary and if part of oracle - only that the oracle installation itself is not running on SunOS... Thanks for any tip.

H. Nakanishi
hisao_at_physics.purdue.edu Received on Mon Jan 05 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message