Re: How to get started in ORACLE?

From: Johannes Thordarson <karri_at_islandia.is>
Date: 1998/01/03

On Mon, 8 Dec 1997 09:20:21 GMT, Peter Ellis <peter.ellis_at_zetnet.co.uk> wrotH:

>The message <01bd036b$608d5120$8703b880_at_default>
> from "D.Steve Vladimir" <drazen_at_deakin.edu.au> contains these words:

[snip]

>They said they had a new scheme where, if you are a student, you can
>get Personal Oracle 7 (or 8 for that matter - but they say they have
>been withdrawing it as the Personal 8 doesn't work properly) and

Can anyone else confirm that PO8 does not work properly?

I just bought PO8, version 8.0.3.0.0. Did I bought the cat in the sack? I also bought Oracel Power Objects version 2.1.

Should I return these packages as defected/unusable for full refund. Both costed equal to US$ 1,163.00 incl. tax. I am just starting to learn Oracle and was recommended to buy these two as a good starting tools. These are both full versions.

I would appreciate someone with experience in Oracle products to shed some light on this.

[snip]

Best regards,

Johannes Received on Sat Jan 03 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message