Database Triggers and Forms 4.5

From: Joe Strano <jstrano_at_dulcian.com>
Date: 1997/12/23

[Quoted] [Quoted] On every table, we have history columns to keep track of CREATE_BY, CREATE_DT, MODIFY_BY and MODIFY_DT.
We have created a trigger on every table that has these columns to automatically populate them. The problem is when Forms writes info to the database, it sees the changes the triggers makes as a change done by another user. That record is now in-accessable until I re-query that block. I can't just re-query the block the cursor is in, since I might have changes info in 5 different blocks. I don't want to re-query every block because there are 35 blocks in this application. Our solution was to create a form level PRE-INSERT and PRE-UPDATE trigger to take care of this info for us. But, we are looking for a better solution. Any ideas?

Joe Strano
Dulcian, Inc. Received on Tue Dec 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message