Help with error "component 'INITIALIZE' must be declared"

From: Bob Coret <bcoret_at_dp.dpfinance.nl>
Date: 1997/12/22

Can anyone help me with the following error message (which I get with any write/update operation performed by a PL/SQL packaege which is called by Oracle's Web Request Broker):

OWS-05102: Agent : initialization failed due to Oracle error 6550
ORA-06550: line 1, column 27:
PLS-00302: component 'INITIALIZE' must be declared
ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:

PL/SQL: Statement ignored

Line 3 is the line which bothers me the most. I don't have an initialize component in my code. Does anybody know what kind of component this is and where this component should be placed and what it's supposed to do?

Do the ORA-06550 errors point to somewhere meaningfull??

BTW: I can write to the database with SQL*plus or PL/SQL function/procedure, just not with packages!

I hope someone can help be, cause not having the possibility to write to the database is quite frustrating!

Thanks in advance,

Bob Coret
The Netherlands Received on Mon Dec 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message