Printing from an Oracle Forms Java Applet

From: Bill Angel <wtangel_at_cais.com>
Date: 1997/12/19

[Quoted] I am trying to utilize the screen printing function of "Web Enabled" Oracle Forms, whose GUI has been implemented as a java applet.

When I run the applet from within the Hotjava Browser, the following Security Exception is thrown:

sunw.hotjava.applet.AppletSecurityException: checkgetprintjob

 at
sunw.hotjava.security.CommonSecurity.checkPrintJobAccess(CommonSecurity.java:572)

[Quoted]  at sun.awt.windows.WToolkit.getPrintJob(WToolkit.java:321)

When I run the applet from within Netscape Communicator, a similar Security Exception
is thrown:

# Security Exception: checkgetprintjob
# Applet exception: security.checkgetprintjob
netscape.security.AppletSecurityException: security.checkgetprintjob
# UniversalPrintJobAccess privilege not enabled: Printing from within
Communicator
java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: vcafe -netscape error=2

Is is possible to get around this Security Exception? Would this Exception still be thrown if the applet were "signed" and authenticated via a certificate?

 Thanks,

  • Bill Angel