Re: Which tool is the best with oracle..

From: Fredrik Larsson <mail2fred>
Date: 1997/12/14

It depends on what languages you know from before.

> > Is Deveoper/2000,VB,Delphi,or others?
Developer/2000 looks very neat but it is out of range for me since it is too many $$$.

> You should as least consider C++Builder. It has a great advantage over
> Delphi: it is C++ instead of Pascal.

If you know C++ that is.. Delphi 3 is very good and is definately something for the future.
D3 is quite easy to learn to.

I would have done like this:

  • Delphi 3 to do the API and most of the code.
  • Oracle PL/SQL to do tasks that can be run on the server (reduces network traffic and all code that I can put on the server I would put there)