Re: Forms 4.5 Differenzes in Form-Layout

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1997/12/08

In article <34872047.35C5DEE5_at_rz.uni-leipzig.de>,   Sigrid Staudte <mstaudte_at_rz.uni-leipzig.de> wrote:

> We have developed a forms-application at a NT-Client with
> the screen solution 1024 x 768 a big font and it looks nice.
> Running this application at another PC with different
> display-settings (e.g. 1024 x 768 and small fonts or 800 x 600
> and big fonts) the font is too large and buttons or other
> canvas elements are to smal.
>
> Is there a way to develop forms applications for different
> Display-Settings ????
>
> Bye ...Sigrid

This is quite a problem with forms. You have to develop forms targeted for the one your users will be using. If different users have different display settings, there isn't much of a solution. The only way would be to design the form with enough space for boilerplate to expand without covering up data items.

Regards,
Steve Cosner

http://members.aol.com/stevec5088 -- Site of QA, a free downloadable utility form to display and update any table.