Re: Oracle and VB

From: Matthias Gresz <GreMa_at_t-online.de>
Date: 1997/12/05

Satish Narasimha wrote:

> Hello,
> I have Oracle server loaded on unix with 16 bit processor.
>
> On Windows 95 i have visual Basic 13 bit processor. Now i wanted
> to establish the connection b/w this two.
>
> Can anybody guide me the best method to overcome problem.
>
> Thanks in advance for the gurus who guide me in this. Please reply
> me as soon as possible.
>
> from
> satish :satishn_at_blr.sni.de

Hi,

if you've got 16-bit VB:

install 16-bit SQL*net-Client on your PC. Configure it, configure 16-bit ODBC to use your oracle connection. Update jet-engine to v 2.5.

if you've got 32-bit VB:

install 32-bit SQL*net-Client on your PC. Configure it, configure 32-bit ODBC to use your oracle connection.

--
Regards

Matthias Gresz    :-)