Any tricks for Oracle Programmer 2000/Borland C++Builder to work?

From: <kgrigg_at_acxiom.com>
Date: 1997/12/04

Hello All!
I am writing for a friend who is trying to use C++Builder and is trying to use it wth Oracle's Programmer 2000 C++ pre-compiler. I'm not a C++ programmer yet (just learning),so pardon if I don't know all the proper questions. (I am coming from Delphi).

[Quoted] Any way, he is getting the following error message when trying to compile one of the examples. The documenation that comes with the Oracle product is for MS Visual C++. Here is the error: [Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Failed to create map file
D:/ORAWIN95/PRO22/C/SAMPLES/Sample1/Sample01.ild(error code 0).

Can anyone offer some suggestions on what is causing this? Can someone point me to where to look for some good information of how to use these 2 products together?

We have the C/S edition of C++ Builder and are hitting an Oracle 8 server.

TIA!! Kelly
kgrigg_at_acxiom.com

ps. Please cc by mail too....our news feeds and connections here aren't the most reliable all the time... :(