Re: What is the best developement tool for me?

From: jen liang <jenliang_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/12/02

Both PowerBuilder and Developer/2000 are good database development tools for a Oracle database and will meet your need. PowerBuilder has datawindow, PowerBuilder foundation class and object oriented features that are very powerful and flexible. The current version of PB is version 5. You would need an enterprise edition of PB to connect to Oracle via a native driver. The copy of PB you got is probably a desktop edition, which is good for learning PB but does not include an Oracle ODBC driver. It does not have the PowerBuilder foundation class either.

HTH Jen

doctors_at_ix.netcom.com wrote in article <3470C4AB.7FF9_at_ix.netcom.com>...