Export and import with sql*loader?

From: Walter Briscoe <walter_at_wbriscoe.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/11/28

I use Oracle 7.1 on an RS6000 under AIX 3.2.5.

I have to work on a tool which exports data from a database to a file or imports data from a file. Oracle's tools are unsuitable because they require extra "DBA" privileges and this tool requires no special privileges. The tool is written in naive pro*c and runs like molasses. sql*loader is the obvious tool to import data. Oracle does not seem to have an analogous exporter. Can somebody please point me at a tool which writes sql*loader format files from a database. I prefer to avoid reinventing  wheels!
Thanks

--
Walter Briscoe