Re: Connecting an Oracle 7.3 database to Web

From: Gary SMITH <Gary.Smith_at_cern.ch>
Date: 1997/11/27

Dennis,

I'm a Java user, so I can only comment from that point of view. JDBC is not a secure system in it's own right (not yet anyway). It does not offer any encryption mechanisms. However, you can use a Middleware product that does. One example is the IDS Server (http://www.idssoftware.com) although I expect others offer the same functionality (see Borland, Symantic).

The IDS Server (which is a product I use), offers encyption technology using a SSL (DES, Triple DES, 128-bit Blowfish and 40-bit exportable DES).

Regards

--

Gary Smith CERN, Geneva, Switzerland Email: Gary.Smith_at_cern.ch Tel: +41 22 7678944