Help: Reports 2.5 Multi-tier Server

From: Chris Barron <barron.chris_at_ic.gc.ca>
Date: 1997/11/24

I am trying to set up Oracle Reports for the Web and am having problems configuring the Multi-tier server.

As intructed in the setup notes, I added the multi-tier server instance to my tnsnames.ora file:
repserver.world =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =

        (ADDRESS =

(COMMUNITY = tcp.world)
(PROTOCOL = TCP)
(Host = barron.ic.gc.ca)
(Port = 1526)
)

    )
  )

Next, I attempted to start the server by typing in the following command:
r25mts32 -listen name=repserver

(I also tried r25mts32 -listen name=repserver.world)

For some unknown reason, the server does not start. All that appears is the following error message:
REP-0186: Daemon failed to listen to port.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris Barron
Industry Canada Received on Mon Nov 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message