Re: Database link definition problem

From: Sheilah Scheurich <scheuric_at_sprynet.com>
Date: 1997/11/19

What is happening is that oracle is looking at the name of your database as defined in the init.ora file. You cannot use aliases with the link unless you set global_names to false. The problem is that advanced replication processes, needs this value to be true. You can try setting global_names to false and see if the replication processes you are performing will still work. If not, I'm afraid you may have to rename your database, or change the domain name in one of the databases.

-Sheilah Scheurich