Format mask Property

From: NIKOS OIKONOMOU <unixfor_at_ath.forthnet.gr>
Date: 1997/11/15

Hello folks,

We have the following problem regarding format mask property with a character string varchar2 text item:

In a form we defined the format mask property of a character text item as FM99"-"99"-"99"-"99999. The form works ok at Windows95 with Forms 4.5.8.3.0. The same form generated succesfully at HPUX with Forms 4.5.7.0.12 and at AIX with Forms 4.5.6.2.2. (We create character mode forms for unix environments). So far, so good. This form at HPUX and only there, does not perform properly with '%" in enter query mode.

Reading the Oracle Forms 4.5 Developer’s Guide Manual Chapter 9, Defining Items
it states that format mask can be applied to the following data types:

· NUMBER
· DATA
· TIME
· DATETIME

On the other hand, the Forms 4.5 online help system for Format Mask Property says that format mask properrty is ok for character strings and gives the valid format masks for character strings.

Does anybody have any ideas;

Thank you ,

Afroditi Angouria Received on Sat Nov 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message