Re: Use of Oracle.ini

From: Robert Christenson <robertoc_at_fyiowa.infi.net>
Date: 1997/11/12

David,

        If you aren't starting your main fmx from the oracle_home, then you should specify (in the icon to start your app) the path to your main. So your command line to you app would look something like:

        c:\orawin\bin\f454un.exe <path>\main.fmx

From there it sounds like you have your paths taken care of. Oracle uses the ini to find libraries, menus and forms when you call them. It will use the OS search paths for DLLs, VBXs, OCXs etc.

What we've done is to use a command line like my example, then all menus and libraries are in one directory, forms in another. Both of these directory's paths are in the ini.

Hope this helps

--
"Came for the party, left on the run"

Robert Christenson
Gazette Technologies
robertoc#spam~be~gone#_at_fyiowa.infi.net