Pro*Cobol and Microfocus

From: Mr. Science <science_at_raptor.cqi.com>
Date: 1997/11/10

[Quoted] All- I've been having problems with Pro*Cobol 1.8.2.0.0 and Microfocus Cobol (cob -V tells me 1.37). It appears that the calls to Oracle's subroutines mess with the value of the RETURN-CODE special register. Of course when the STOP RUN statement gets executed, this bogus value is returned to the calling environment, and my shell scripts think there's an error.

Is there a way around this (e.g. with a command line switch or something)? I haven't found anything in the documentation. And I hope there's an easier way to take care of this than to modify the hundreds of source files I have to manage.

Please reply in group or via mail.

Thanks...
Mr. Science
science_at_raptor.cqi.com