Oracle Financials Question

From: Audun Follestad <audun.follestad_at_nht.hydro.com>
Date: 1997/11/10

After upgrading Oracle Financials from version 9.3 to 10.6 we ran into a problem regarding FSG-reporting.

The problem is defining a colum that expresses variance between actual data current period and Period of Interest -12 (Last Year-actual).

The rowsets in use show both rows expressed in Thousands, with currency NOK(Norwegian Krone) and rows expressed in Units, currency STAT(Statistical Information).

When writing a formula that should take care of the variance-calculation, it shows the correct percentiles on the statistical information expressed in Units. If I want the the varance-column to show me the correct variance on the information expressed in Thousands, I have to write the variance-formula and multiply it with 1000.

This means that I am not able to calculate the correct variances on all rows on my reports at the same time.

In the FSG-column set it is possible to use predefined variances on actual data versus budget. When I use this, it calculates all variances correct, both on values expressed in Thousands and values expressed in Units.

I am not able to get any help from Oracle Support in Norway. They have asked Oracle World Wide Support for help, but it is obviously not very easy to get an answer.

What I need is an explanation on how to write the columnset - to make it calculate the variances correct both on values expressed in thousands and in units.

Regards,
Audun Follestad Received on Mon Nov 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message