Re: Dynamic setting of ITEM Properties - Forms 4.5

From: Alex Heney <a.j.heney_at_btNOinterSPAMnet.com>
Date: 1997/11/10

[Quoted] On Mon, 10 Nov 1997 07:47:12 -0800, Steve Johnson <robertoc_at_fyiowa.infi.net> wrote:

>Use the display_item(item_name,attribute) built-in. It sets the
>attribute of the current record only and the item in which you
>specify.
>
>Steve J.
>
>Tracey Berukoff wrote:
>>
>> I know someone out there has done this VERY WELL. I want to have the
>> displayed items in my app to:
>> 1) Change color when the cursor is in them (not the whole record, just a
>> single item)
>> 2) Change color when an error is associated with that item.
>>
>> I noticed that the SET_ITEM_PROPERTY built in doesn't have color
>> options.
>> What is the best way to do this and what are the best triggers to handle
>> these types of dynamic changes in.

[Quoted] [Quoted] I missed the original post, so am replying to that.

The Set_Item_Property built-in DOES have colour options. However, it has to be done using named visual attributes (which is also true of Display_Item as mentioned by Steve). The property to set is called 'VISUAL_ATTRIBUTE'.

--
The above posting represents the personal opinions of the author and
is not to be taken as official (or unofficial) policy or opinions of

Remove NO and SPAM from mail_id if replying via email.
Alex Heney, Living in the Global Village.