(Q)Keyboard Mappings and Oracle Term

From: Ralph Ritchey <pritchey_at_erols.com>
Date: 1997/11/03

Hi All:

I'm assisting a group at work that is porting an older Forms/Menu app to Forms4.5. The original application used some custom keyboard mappings because of the variety of machines the app was used on.

Problem: Need to 'port' the old keyboard mappings over to the new version of the app. (They are staying in the character based format rather than going GUI now (they'll do that later, which I'm currently doing with some other unrelated applications on another project). That's why they need to keep the older keyboard mappings.)

Questions:

  1. What app (if any) should be used to 'port' these older mappings over to work with the new Forms4.5?
  2. What file 'type' is the app in question #1 expecting (I see files ending in .r)?
  3. Where are these converted files supposed to live, and do any environment variables need to be set (and which ones)?

Thanks for any advice, insight, etc.

Paul Ritchey
pritchey_at_erols.com Received on Mon Nov 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message