Re: Is SQL*Plus worth learning?

From: Tim Hall <tim.hall_at_spam.begone>
Date: 1997/10/31

On Fri, 31 Oct 1997 13:44:58 GMT, gennick_at_worldnet.att.net (Jonathan Gennick) wrote:

>Is SQL*Plus worth learning? With all the new tools I see
>coming out, Enterprise Manager for example, I am beginning
>to wonder if the need for SQL*Plus will go away. What do you
>all think? Does anyone still use it? Is it becomming an
>anachronism?

I use it all the time for ad-hoc reports. But then I'm a relic from the past who remembers the days when it was called "UFI" (And it hasn't really changed much since then).

Still, there are applications out there that use RPT (Anyone remember that?)

Tim Hall, Indus International (was TSW International)

http://www.tswi.com
http://www.indusgroup.com

Replace domain name with the domain from the first URL before replying via email! Received on Fri Oct 31 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message