Re: Forms4.5: Poplist item in M-D-D is stopping query

From: Ken Shirey <kshirey_at_commercial-data.com>
Date: 1997/10/29

Could be that the code which populates the poplist is raising an unhandled exception. If this happens in the WNBI trigger, it could cause the query to fail (since navigation to the block is a prerequisite for queries to be executed in the block). Check that you can fill the poplist manually (maybe in another trigger, or with a button??) to test, and ensure it works. If that fails, recheck the coordination style of the target block in its parent relation. Should not be deferred, should autoquery (I assume from your explanation)..

Always remember that the normal query process, especially in a master-detai environment, requires that Forms is able to successfully perform inter-block navigation. Any errors you introduce to prevent this will also prevent query.

Good luck...
KS