Strange WebForms error, strange Oracle answer - baffled!

From: Chris Yearsley <chris.yearsley_at_gecm.com>
Date: 1997/10/24

We had success with Dev2k 1.4w demo, so have bought Web Developer Suite. Our attempts to run any form fail with the errors attached below. There are three reasons why this is very odd:

    [Quoted]
  1. Oracle say the 'alertbundle' error is a Sun bug, and doesn't stop anything working. They say I can verify this by looking at Sun bug 4050902. Checking the Javasoft web pages this bug does not exist.
  2. Oracle are baffled by the 'clipboard' error message that appears first. So are we! We're running in the appletviewer and thought security was not an issue. It did not appear with 1.4w anyway (running everything on NT in that case)
  3. Oracle say that our configuration - Dev2k on NT, Webserver 3/Oracle8 on Solaris 2.6 is not certified. This is because we had to install a Solaris version of the 'forms server' and that doesn't like Solaris 2.6 However they initially said we were OK like this!? Has anyone else tried the Dev2k 1.5.1 Forms server on Solaris 2.6 ?

A bug that can't be looked up, a bug no-one has ever heard of and questions about compatability. Oracle say downgrading to Solaris 2.5 and [Quoted] [Quoted] Webserver 2.1 is the way to go, but I still suspect it's just a stupid setup error on our part. Any ideas would be very, very welcome at this point. We've had real problems getting the right version of Web Developer suite as well- if anyone wants to hear what we've found out feel free to email.

(Please copy replies to laurence.williams_at_gecm.com)

Result of running Appletviewer (on Solaris) against OWS 3, Oracle 8, Forms server from 1.5.1 follows. Tried on NT and got same result, too.

sun.applet.AppletSecurityException: checksystemclipboardaccess

	at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.RuntimeException.<init>(Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.SecurityException.<init>(Compiled Code)
	at sun.applet.AppletSecurityException.<init>(Compiled Code)
	at sun.applet.AppletSecurity.checkSystemClipboardAccess(Compiled
Code)
	at sun.awt.motif.MToolkit.getSystemClipboard(Compiled Code)
	at
oracle.forms.uiClient.v1_4.engine.Runform.initClipboard(Compiled Code)
	at
oracle.forms.uiClient.v1_4.engine.Runform.startRunform(Compiled Code)
	at oracle.forms.uiClient.v1_4.engine.Runform.run(Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)

java.io.FileNotFoundException:
http://159.245.37.189:8000/dev2k/forms45/java/oracle/ewt/alert/resource/AlertBundle_en.class
	at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)
	at java.io.IOException.<init>(Compiled Code)
	at java.io.FileNotFoundException.<init>(Compiled Code)
	at

sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Compiled Code)
	at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Compiled Code)
	at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(Compiled Code)
	at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Compiled Code)
	at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Compiled Code)
	at java.util.ResourceBundle.findBundle(Compiled Code)
	at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(Compiled Code)
	at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(Compiled Code)
	at oracle.ewt.alert.Alert.loadButtonText(Compiled Code)
	at oracle.ewt.alert.Alert.<init>(Compiled Code)
	at oracle.ewt.alert.Alert.<init>(Compiled Code)
	at oracle.forms.uiClient.v1_4.engine.Runform.showAlert(Compiled
Code)
	at
oracle.forms.uiClient.v1_4.engine.Runform.startRunform(Compiled Code)
	at oracle.forms.uiClient.v1_4.engine.Runform.run(Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)

File not found when looking for:
oracle.ewt.alert.resource.AlertBundle_en java.io.FileNotFoundException:

--
Chris Yearsley
chris.yearsley_at_gecm.com