Re: D2K - Re-defining foreign keys?

From: Tim Hall <tim.hall_at_spam.begone>
Date: 1997/10/22

 Andy Hardy wrote:

[snip]

>I agree, but I get hideously named foreign keys generated along the
>lines of 'R_ID', 'first_material_is_a_R_id' and
>'second_material_is_a_R_id' and 'resultant_is_a_R_id' i.e. the foreign
>keys are generated from a concatenation of the ERD foreign key name and
>the primary key at the other end. Not very pleasant!

Not a lot you can do about that. I always see renaming the constraints to one of the chores I have to perform in order to create a database. But then we have have strict naming standards for such things, so I would have to rename them anyway.

Tim Hall, Indus International (was TSW International)

http://www.tswi.com
http://www.indusgroup.com

Replace domain name with the domain from the first URL before replying via email! Received on Wed Oct 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message