Re: May a called form return a value to the calling one without globals ?

From: Peter H. Larsen <plen_at_novo.dk>
Date: 1997/10/16

Dear Ezio,
No - forms cannot return parameters. You have to use GLOBAL settings- but it's rather simple. All you do is set the global to a default before calling, then read the global after the CALL_FORM statement, and then erase it.

You can only have "multible transaction sessions" if you use the OPEN_FORM (..... SESSION). CALL_FORM uses the current session, which means that COMMIT is COMMIT in all outstanding data. But you might have discovered that if you have outstanding changes in a form, CALL_FORM refuses to leave the form. You have to POST your changes first. This is excatly why. CALL_FORM belongs to the same session and a commit in the called form WILL commit your calling forms changes too.

Regards,
Peter