Re: Minimum space needed for Designer 2000

From: Matt Connors <mconnors_at_mother.com>
Date: 1997/10/10

Orlando -

Designer requires, for a fresh install, about 50MB free in the SYSTEM tablespace in order to load the API packages. In an initial install, 25MB for a table tablespace and 25MB for an index tablespace are sufficient, so that makes 100MB total. As for rollback space, I have not found the need to be excessive. I have installed it into Personal Oracle7 without having to increase the default rollback tablespace, and I have installed it on UNIX databases with modest rollback tablespaces.

Something is definitely not right for you with this. Which tablespace is running out of space? Are you doing a fresh server install or trying to import an application from another repository?

--
Regards,
Matt Connors

Orlando J Kelly <oxkelly_at_bechtel.com> wrote in article
<EHqA1p.6Gp_at_bechtel.com>...