Re: Changing form sizes

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1997/10/07

You really need to develop for the lowest common denominator. Although our developers all have 17 inch monitors most running at 800x600, we know that many users use 14-inch at 640x480, so we keep all forms to a size that will fit within that dimension. In addition, we have to increase the field widths in some cases since the forms will also run on Macintosh, and the font requires a little more space.

I have looked into the possibility of changing the screen layout dynamically depending on the monitor used, but gave it up. It would be far too complex to try to move headings around, and also, you can't change the number of records displayed in a multi-record block at run time.

The only thing I have implemented is detecting whether to maximize the screen or not when a form runs. (That was on the QA form.)

Regards,
Steve Cosner

http://members.aol.com/stevec5088 Download QA, a dynamic data utility form-- Quick display and update access to any table.