FORMS 4.5: prevent Forms messages

From: Manfred Tischendorf <07142980027-0001_at_t-online.de>
Date: 1997/10/03

Hello FORMS Experts

I have the problem, that I need to commit database insert very quickly. Therefore, I use the commit_form built in in the When-New-Record_instance Trigger. Now I have the problem, that sometimes the delete of a record is restricted by the constraints of the database. Therefore I wrote a workaround to requery the contents of the form, because the record is deletet from the form first and then the constraints are checked (DO ORACLE FORMS DEVELOPERS NOT KNOW, THAT THIS POSSIBLITY EXISTS, THAT TABLES CAN HAVE CONSTRAINTS!!!). Now I have succeeded with my workaround. But one last problem exists. Even when I have propagated the cvhanges with POST instead of COMMIT and then used a ROLLBACK when I got the error 40510 (record could not be deleted) I get a message when I requery the form:

Forms
Do you want to save the changes you have made? Yes No Cancel

I tried a commit, it did not work, I did a rollback (I tried also without rollback) and I do not want to see this message. I "nulled" out the on-message-trigger. Without success.

What can I do to build user-friendly masks in such a tool like FORMS ?

Thanks for any suggestion.

Manfred Tischendorf Received on Fri Oct 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message