Re: [WEBSERVER] Virtual Server on OWS 2.1?

From: <jeroen_at_nl.euro.net>
Date: 1997/09/29

Max Lambertini <maxl_at_dsnet.questa-sera-niente-trippa.it> wrote:
: Hello,

: How can I create a virtual web server on OWS? That is, given a host name
: like myhost.mydomain.net and its associated IP, is there a way to create
: a virtual domain using ows 2.1?

Yes. First you'll have to tell your OS to use the other IP-address. Under most UNIX-flavors I know, use ifconfig - under NT use the TCP/IP properties in the control panel.

Next you create a new weblistener and tell it to listen to the new IP-address.

Now the weird thing is that the HTML-based admin tool from OWS21 tells you that you can't have two webservers running on the same port, even though they are bound to different IP-addresses - therefore, you'll have to edit the config-file yourself. The file you want to edit is ORACLE_HOME/ows21/admin/svLISTENERNAME.cfg - under [MultiPort] you can specify the IP-address.

: Greetings,
: Max

: --
: +------------------------------------------------+
: |Max Lambertini - it.dsnet_at_maxl |

: |Per spedirmi posta, invertite l'indirizzo |
: |oppure togliete "questa-sera-niente-trippa." |
: |To send me e-mail, reverse address or remove |
: |"questa-sera-niente-trippa." |

Hope this helps,

--
Jeroen Koops                         * *       EuroNet Internet BV
Special Projects Team              *     *     Herengracht 208 - 214