Forms 4.5 Menu Processing...

From: Vijay Damodaran <vijayd_at_nortel.com>
Date: 1997/09/26

Hi,

Background:

[Quoted]         I have a form with a Text Item that has a WHEN-VALIDATE-TRIGGER. This trigger raises FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE whenever the trigger fails. The form as an associated menu with the menu commands also provided using buttons within a toolbar.

Both the Menuitem and the corresponding toolbar button calls a user defined trigger. Therefore, the code executed by both are exactly the same. The trigger then calls a "DoSave" procedure.

Problem:

When I type something in the Text field and "without hitting enter or tab", I select Save Menuitem, the WHEN-VALIDATE-TRIGGER is not executed. To avoid this problem, I put a go_item('some other item') in the DoSave procedure before actually saving the data. In this case, the WHEN-VAL... is executed, but if the trigger fails, the FORM-TRIGGER FAILURE does not get raised and the DoSave procedure continues processing.

But, when I click on the Save toolbar button, the WHEN-VALIDATE-TRIGGER always gets executed correctly and I have no problems.

Can anyone tell me why this happens and how to make it work exactly as it should.

Thanks,

VJ.

--
Vijay Damodaran