File not Found when installing Oracle Web Server

From: Ms Z.Li <zhuangli_at_liv.ac.uk>
Date: 1997/09/23

Dear All
 I wonder if anyone can help me with the problem I come cross when stalling Oracle Web Server 2.0 on our PTX UNIX systems (Version 4.0.2).

Does the file name "svrmgr.vrf" mean anything to you? We haven't got such file on our system. Does it come with the new operating system?

After mounting the CD and changing the file format, what I did is as follows:

  1). Log in as user "oracle"
  2). Set up environment by run our own script
  3). Then change the directory into the /olink
  4). Run the installation program
        ./orainst /c
  5). There are a couple of things being asked:
        ORACLE_HOME:
                        The doc says it should be the location
                         of software to be installed, So we type in
                        the directory name where ows is to be installed.
        Host name:      Our host name with the domain in format

			"host.doamin".
        Tcp Service Port: Use the dault one:8888
                        This is the default one
        Document:       Document locations
        Admin Passwd:
   6). Select product to be installed.
        Since there is only one is available, so just select it.
   7). Then the installing tells that it is doing "Analyzing Dependencies...."
       And a Notification shows up saying
        "svrmgr.vrf(0): FILE_NOT_FOUND while verifying
         svrmgr. (No such file or directory.)

Thank you for any help.

Joanne From Liverpool University, UK. Received on Tue Sep 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message