Re: Oracle File Permission

From: Joseph Testa <jtesta_at_freenet.columbus.oh.us>
Date: 1997/09/17

dasidwel_at_us.NoEmailSpam.oracle.com wrote: <snip>
: P.S. Am I wrong in thinking that we are really referring to the setuid
: bit which affects the effective userid of the process and the sticky
: bit is actually something to help certain processes stay memory
: resident?
<snip>

Ahh a true unix person who knows the difference, yes you are correct the setuid bit is the one that needs to be set, the sticky bit(keeping stuff in memory) is one that is usually set for vi(as a few people still use it) :)

joe

--
Joseph S. Testa, Database Administrator, Ohio EPA
  Founder of #oracle-dba on IRC, dal.net,  to find a server go to www.dal.net