Converting to Forms4.5

From: netscape <lisa_tassoni_at_ircm.umontreal.ca>
Date: 1997/09/16

Hello everyone,

We are beginning to think about converting from Forms 3.0 to Forms 4.5.  Also, from Casedict to Designer 2000.
 Our users are currently using VT terminals or PC's emulating VT's.  Our Hardware/software base is:

 SUN SPARC
 Unix (Systeme d'exploitation): Solaris 2.5.1

 Oracle   V 7.2.3.0.0
 SQLNET   V 2.0
 Casedict V 5.0.22.9.0
 Forms    V 3.0.16.12.9

 Aside from the expense of purchasing PC's for our end-users, we are  struggling with these issues:

 Does forms 4.5 run OK on VT terminals? If we simply convert everything  from V3.0 to V4.5 and continue to use VT terminals for the short term,  are there any issues we are missing? Can the same V4.5 form module be used by both types of users: those with VT terminals and those with GUI interface?

Is there an Oracle conversion tool for converting Forms from V3 to  V4.5? How does it work? What happens to our V2 triggers, when converting to Forms4.5?

 Can the new tools that replace Casedict (Designer 2000 I believe) run in our Unix environment? Can they generate V4.5 forms that can be run in character mode?

Thanks in advance. LT. Received on Tue Sep 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message