Re: Pro*C makefile for UNIX??

From: Peter sylvester <peters_at_mitre.org>
Date: 1997/09/12

Dietmar Leibecke wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am just porting a Pro*C application from Windows NT to UNIX. As I run
> into problems with the makefile, I'm looking for a simple makefile for
> the UNIX environment. The Pro*C sample makefile (proc.mk) is oversized
> for my application, which consists of five .pc and one .c module.
>
> Any input welcome and TIA,
>
> --
> Dietmar Leibecke
> ----------------
> Address is altered to discourage junk mail.
> Remove ".---" for the real address.

Just build one of the Oracle examles, and look at what it produces for a link command.
This may differ based on platform and Oracle version.

For 7.3 on Solaris, I use:

ORA73LIBS = \

-L$(ORACLE_HOME)/lib \
-lclntsh -lsql -lsqlnet -lncr -lsqlnet -lclient -lcommon \
-lgeneric -lsqlnet -lncr -lsqlnet -lclient -lcommon -lgeneric \
-lepc -lnlsrtl3 -lc3v6 -lcore3 -lnlsrtl3 -lcore3 -lnlsrtl3 \
`cat $(ORACLE_HOME)/rdbms/lib/sysliblist` \ -lm -lthread
ORALIBS = $(ORA73LIBS) -Peter Received on Fri Sep 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message