Re: Designer/2000 - Overhead of each application system within the Repository?

From: Jeff Jacobs <jmjacobs_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/09/12

The *space* overhead of the application itself is very small.

However, you will probably find that 40 workstations banging against the server is going to be pretty CPU and I/O intensive, and response is probably going to be less than desireable, assuming they're all working on labs at the same time. (If they're doing it as "homework", then probably not a problem).

Also, be sure that you only have one workstation at a time doing the Database Design Wizard.

Darryl Brooks <brooks_at_bsn.usf.edu> wrote:

>What is the overhead involved in creating application systems within the
>Repository? I am planning on creating approximately 40 application
>systems, one for each student, in a class I teach.
>
>Any thoughts on how practical this is and/or other information would be
>greatly appreciated.
>
>Darryl

-JJ

Visit our new website at http://www.jeffreyjacobs.com

 Jeffrey Jacobs & Associates
 Oracle Designer/2000 Consulting & Training  951-2 Old Country Road, Suite 119, Belmont, CA 94002  Voice: 415-571-7092, FAX: 800-665-1379
 Email: jmjacobs_at_ix.netcom.com
 Web: http://www.jeffreyjacobs.com

Don't miss the Oracle Development Tools User Group Conference in St. Louis, Nov. 2-5. See http://www.odtug.com for more information. Received on Fri Sep 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message