Multiple Initializations of a Package

From: James A. Starkey <jstarkey_at_exeter.com>
Date: 1997/09/09

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have a package in a library containing procedures invoked from both menu startup code and a WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE trigger that is suffering from both multiple initializations and multiple invocations of the package start up code. When I bring up a second form, also referencing the pack on a WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE trigger, the package is initialized a third time.

The Developer/2000 documentation is quite clear that package variables are initialized once per session, and persist for the duration of the session. I am rather depending on this to implement a large, many formed application.

I'm running on NT 4.0 Workstation w/ 96 MB with adequate disk space.

A possibly related problem is the inability of a menu to find a RecordGroup successfully created in another instance of the same menu.

The problem suggests either a configuration problem or a profound misunderstanding of package semantics and/or implementation.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Received on Tue Sep 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message