Re: Power Objects 2.0 - invalid or missing driver ID for session "Amtec"

From: Phil Herring <revdoc_at_uow.edu.au>
Date: 1997/09/05

In article <340F2626.761B_at_worldsite.com> Satar Naghshineh, satarnag_at_worldsite.com writes:
>Anyone using power objects? I'm trying to run my power object
>applications, however I get this error when I try logging in: invalid or
>missing driver ID for session "Amtec"

That depends on the session type and the platform. I'll assume a SQL*Net session to an Oracle database, and Windows.

First of all, the relevant .POD files have to be in the same directory as the application. If you've built a standalone executable, they should be copied into the same directory as the .EXE file, or otherwise should be with the OPO runtime .EXE file.

Secondly, the RSF (required support files) must be of an appropriate version to match your SQL*Net files. Check the README files that come with OPO for version numbers.

If both of those seem to be okay, try reinstalling SQL*Net and OPO in that order - for some reason, that has fixed this sort of problem for me more than once.

Copyright 1997 Phil Herring. This article may not be reproduced for profit.