Re: D2K default index creation

From: Tim Hall <tim.hall_at_tswi.spambuster.com>
Date: 1997/09/02

On Tue, 02 Sep 1997 15:17:36 +0100, Natasha Ritchie <Natasha.Ritchie_at_ed.ac.uk> wrote:

>Within Case Dictionary 5.0/1 one had the means to generate default
>indexes for primary and foreign keys (see p.5-175 Case Dict ref guide) -
>we're trying to do the same with D2K but can only find the means to
>default foreign key indexes. Have contacted the Oracle helpdesk folk who
>have proved totally unhelpful. Help! please would somebody out there
>point us in the right direction?
>
>Many thanks.

If you defined primary key *constraints* it creates the index as well with the USING INDEX clause of the ALTER TABLE CREATE CONSTRAINT statement. There's no need to create separate unique indexes.

Tim Hall, TSW International, Now Indus International

http://www.tswi.com
http://www.indusgroup.com

Remove "spambuster" from email address before replying Received on Tue Sep 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message