Re: How do I capture values from a 'multiple' formselectopen?

From: Leslie_B_DreyerKalra <lbd_at_techiesinc.com>
Date: 1997/08/13

Thomas Kyte wrote:

> You can use a pl/sql table of type varchar2 as any of the inputs to a pl/sql
> routine. the varchar2 table can be upto 2000 bytes 'wide'. If you have a URL

OWA_UTIL contains a pre-defined table to be used for just this situation: owa_util.ident_arr, which is just a table of VARCHAR2s, as Thomas wrote above. You don't have to do anything fancy, just define the argument that goes into your PL/SQL FORM action as an owa_util.ident_arr and then put in a loop to get all of the values (I use an infinite loop with a NO_DATA_FOUND exception). If you do this, though, be sure to define a hidden field before the SELECT in the HTML form that gives a default value for the SELECT, or define one of the choices as CHECKED. If you don`t have a default for it, it won't pass anything and you'll get a nasty error about missing arguments.

I hope this makes some modicum of sense.

Leslie

Original question:

--
Leslie Dreyer Kalra